Monday, December 08, 2014

scary movie

My lack of writing continues unabated. It would be impressive if it wasn't so depressing. Last night i decided to just chill and watch the american football instead of doing even a wee bit of writing.

This was after watching a scary movie. I have decided that I do not like scary movies and am not afraid to admit so. Luckily, I find that the tension remains high and the movie remains scary right up until the point that they visually introduce the scary monster. At that point it becomes laughably bad. I refer to all horror movies that involve monsters.
Yesterday's offering of "The babadook" was no exception. The tension was mounting, scariness levels were approaching 'I may have difficulty in getting to sleep tonight', and then they show the monster and instantly my entire body relaxes.
I think the real scary movies which can lead to nightmares are based on true stories, like The Dallas Buyers Club.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites