Wednesday, April 25, 2012

halftime hallo

Google had a photography competition which finished recently, one which I entered. I didn't expect to win, but submitted some cool pictures. Then i saw some of the judges shortlist photos (of 10 i think) and about half were terrible. Now I was disappointed I hadn't won!

They can be found here. Honestly, a wire on a carpet? In the category sound/silence?

Almost as ridiculous, is the bbc headline of Student wins Google Photography Prize. As though out of all the entrants it was a pleasant surprise a student won.

However, the rules clearly state it's only open to students!

I'd rather be a failed photographer than a reporter knowing you have to make up bullshit headlines to sell copies/get hits. Popular science journalism really reaches the bottom of the barrel with examples eloquently provided by Ben Goldacre.

2 comments:

Yakshi said...

Are your pics on that site? I'd be curious to check them out.

Mudwig said...

i had to post them to the wasteland that is google+. email me on emailaddressis(at)gmail.com and i'll link you up to them through that or flickr or something...

Add to Technorati Favorites