Sunday, October 14, 2018

forks

how quickly i forget to post daily!

Well, it was a boring week. I am strangely struggling to find the humour in life. It doesn't help I slept for 13 hours on Saturday. This doesn't leave much time to be awake an entertained by life. I guess most entertainment comes from other people. I guess this is why observation humour is so common.

Thus, I shall instead relate a story about forks. I shall begin by saying I probably don't believe in ghosts.

This happened about a 18 months ago. My fiancee was round and cooking. I was about to lay the table. I went to the fork drawer, took out 2 of my 4 forks and went to put them on the table. Got distracted by something on the way, and couldn't find the forks. I have a small flat. I searched everywhere and they were no where to be seen. I looked in the fridge, freezer, cupboards, floors etc. GONE.
I now had 2 forks. I repeatedly asked her if she'd taken them to the point where she was so angry she would have said yes just to get me to stop asking. They were gone.

A month goes by and still no sign of the forks.

Then one day I get home from work, open the fork drawer, and there are 5 forks there. 5! Where did that extra one come from? I check with the fiancee - didn't know a thing about it.

The Bermuda triangle mystery had pretty much been solved, but I think this is one riddle that will last forever. I considered that maybe someone is living in my attic, like that Japanese girl from a few years ago.

I hope there is an afterlife so I can get answers to questions, including this one.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites