Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Day 2

As I am currently feverish I will keep this short and sweet. 

I can’t test for Covid because my child has learnt how to administer Covid tests and used them all up. My wife was happy she kept busy. I don’t mind other than I would have liked to know so I could order more. Not that it really matters. No one cares about Covid anymore. Except I don’t want to infect old people for no reason. Tbqh I don’t want to infect anyone with what I have so I should stay home for a bit. 

In couples therapy, the therapist said “I need to learn to not hold my wife to my standards”. I know I don’t do that but something didn’t sit quite right. My therapist said the other day that I haven’t let go of my previous relationship. And that’s when I realised I hold my wife to my ex’s standards. A battle that can’t be won against a memory of someone. So I’ve stopped doing that and already feel better. Mentally! Still ill physically! Except maybe they’re connected and this illness is just letting go? Nah, probably an actual infection. 

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites